Beards have become a trend over the last few years as they help enhance your looks. What’s interesting is that you can manage to look different with each beard style that you choose to sport. Regardless, no style can match the contemporary clean-shaven look. Sporting a clean-shaven look has several benefits such as lesser maintenance stress, lesser use of products, no skin irritation, and most importantly, no ingrown hair or razor bumps’ issues.
If you still think that a clean-shaven look is not for you, you can try out the ducktail beard style for a unique look. The only problem here is that you have to constantly trim and maintain this style as stray hair might end up ruining your look.
We understand that the name sounds goofy but it makes complete sense to call this beard style a ducktail since it, quite literally, resembles a duck’s tail.
So, in case you were tempted to wear this look and were wondering how to sport it, here is everything you need to know about the ducktail beard.
How to grow a ducktail beard?
Ducktail beards purely emphasize your chin beard. Your chin beard grows longer over time even as the sides are trimmed periodically to maintain the look. The length of a ducktail depends on the person growing it. Some like it short while others prefer a longer chin beard. However, the ideal growth for sporting a ducktail is around 2-4 inches, which can take around 4 months to grow.
The very first step for a growing a ducktail beard is to start growing a full beard. If you already have one, you can jump to the trimming or styling phase. If not, it is going to take some time, so just remember that patience is the first unsaid step here. It will take around 1-2 months in total to grow a full beard based on the speed of your beard growth.
You can still trim the sides and the moustache, if needed, while growing your chin beard enough to style the ducktail.
Styling and Maintenance
Great! You are now a step closer to sporting the ducktail. The only thing that now remains is styling the beard. You can follow the steps mentioned below to achieve a good-looking ducktail.
- 1. Start trimming the hair on the upper part of your chin from top to bottom while tapering each side towards the center point under the chin. The Gillette Fusion Pro-Glide Styler can come in handy during this part of the process. Its adjustable comb and precision trimmer work together to provide you with the best experience.
- 2. Once you have determined the desired length of your ducktail, start trimming the lower part of your chin. Take all the time in the world and put your complete attention into doing this to get the best results.
- 3. Comb your ducktail frequently to keep it in shape. Invest in a good quality beard comb to treat your ducktail well.
- 4. You don’t necessarily have to sharpen the beard at the bottom of the chin; even a rounded ducktail looks perfect.
- 5. Keep trimming your chin from time to time.
Its name may sound goofy at first but as long as it makes you look good and enhances your overall personality, it’s is going to work out. Start on your beard styling quest now to achieve the perfect ducktail beard style with the help of this article.
Discover more step-by-step tutorials on different beard styles and look handsome!