Be it a clean-shaven look or a beard, grooming and maintaining it should be at the top of your mind. Especially the ones growing a beard should understand the importance of grooming even more closely. Shaving, trimming, styling, and maintaining are essential aspects of an impeccable beard. Be it long or short, if you have a beard, you have to follow these 4 stages. On the contrary, the clean-shaven look will save your time and still give you a classy and timeless look. We recommend you pick Gillette SkinGuard razor for the best look and achieving a close shave.
However, if you are looking for some new and unique beard styles, try the faded beard look. It involves creating a smooth transition between different lengths of hair on your face. Generally, you can blend a full beard at the chin with a fade moving upwards towards your cheek.
If you are doing it for the first time, we recommend that you visit a barber and let him do the groundwork. Now, let us discuss how to make a faded beard and then move on to discuss some popular faded beard styles.
How to get a faded beard?
If you don’t wish to visit the barber, you can even go for a DIY faded beard look. Surprised! All you need is a trimmer, a clipper, a scissor, a comb, and some grooming essentials. If you have these items, you can get started right away.
- 1. Make sure you wash and rinse your grown beard with beard shampoo and apply beard oil. Once this is done, blow-dry it while combing to get rid of split ends and knots.
- 2. Trim the beard to the desired length. If you are planning to grow it further, you can skip this step and move onto the next. The Gillette Fusion ProGlide Styler gives you a close and even trim.
- 3. Shape your beard around the lips using the clippers. Make sure to keep this hair short but not to the extent that you can barely see them.
- 4. Mark the fading point. You can do this using a detailing clipper. You have to start clipping from below the ear towards the sideburn.
- 5. Set your clipper to zero length and place it at the fading point. Start moving down slowly for about half an inch and switch the lever to 0.5. This is the fading process. Continue the fading process until you are satisfied with the look.
- 6. Use the razor to shape the beard and get rid of unnecessary hair. You can choose from a variety of razors offered by one of the pioneers of the razor industry, Gillette. You can pick the Gillette SkinGuard or Gillette Mach3 Turbo razor to get that even trim.
- 7. The aftershave routine cannot be ignored in any scenario, and this is no different. Aftershave helps you gain the lost moisture and help you feel refreshed. You can buy the Gillette Series Cool Wave Aftershave Splash to aid you during the last and final phase of the styling process.
Faded Beard Styles
Here are some of the faded beard styles you can go for to stand out and get noticed in the crowd. It does not matter if it goes wrong the first time; if you love experimenting with your beard, a fade can never go wrong.
1. Medium fade beard
This one is sure to make you look handsome and nail a dapper look. It goes perfectly well with a shaved or faded hairdo and will help you gain an edge over other men.
2. Low fade beard
This low fade can help you get that faded beard look you always wanted. The only disadvantage is that it will take you a few tough minutes to make it look excellent. But once you master the art, you will always look your best.
3. Mid-length fade
Mid-length faded beards are great, but you have to make sure that you maintain them. They tend to look unkempt and scruffy if you can’t manage to keep things squeaky clean. For this, you have to use the fade to transition from your hair to the beard. Hence, the name.
You have to remember that it needs regular trimming and shaping to make a faded beard look good.
Men are looking at faded beards as an option as they add a unique touch to your look. They give you a clean look while maintaining your attitude and boosting your confidence. But it requires time, practice and the right procedure if you are planning to sport this style. Using the right products and techniques, such as the ones from Gillette’s inventory, will help you get the right faded beard.